Table of Contents
How to find your wifi password on windows 10
Method 1 : via the Network and Sharing Center
- Go to the magnifying glass icon in the taskbar and start typing Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on your WiFi connection
- In the WiFi Status window, click Wireless Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- Check Show characters
You can then copy and paste the password..
Method 2 : via Cmd
For that :
- Open your favorite Command Prompt (Powershell or Cmd) *
- Type the following command, replacing SSID with the name of the WiFi network
netsh wlan show profile name = “SSID” key = clear
If you want to share your key as quickly as possible with your friends, you don’t necessarily have to go through the process of manual copying character by character. Several solutions exist to copy the key to your computer, depending on your needs, the necessary security, and the situations. How? ‘Or’ What ? Here are some solutions:
- Use applications that synchronize the clipboard, such as Pushbullet, or Clipbrd for example. The advantage is that they are relatively secure. The downside is that your guests also need to install a companion app for this to work (and this may end up being inconvenient)
- Generate a QR code: you can use, for example, the QR-Code-Generator site – then all your guests need to do is scan the code with the photo application to directly obtain the WiFi code, and copy and paste it into their Settings
- Use online copy and paste services: if the security of your WiFi key does not matter (after all, you still have to know where your box is …), you can use services like Pastebin. These platforms have the advantage of being very quick to use and practical, and do not require any installation. At the end of the operation, a shortened address will allow the code to be found wherever it is needed. However, a malicious person could stumble upon your key – although again, it is not normally possible to obtain personal information such as your location from such services.